All children love coming home to snacks. Most of them normally come from school feeling very hungry and they can’t wait until dinner to eat. However, picking the right item to snack on is very important. You don’t want them to eat something that will make them miss dinner because they are satiated. Besides that, you don’t want them to eat mindlessly and become obese. Whether you are a veteran mother with school-aged children or a first-time mom, you need to carefully choose snacks for your children. Below is a roundup of the best five after school snacks which parents can make.
This is the best way to get your kids to eat roasted beans. Is a protein-packed snack that has a high level of nutrition. Crispy-baked chickpeas is a great munch-on especially while the kids are doing homework.
- To fry this snack, all you only need a bowl of chickpeas, half a spoon of sea salt, preferred seasoning and neutral oil.
- First, dry the chickpeas then add the cooking oil and sprinkle some sea salt.
- After that, allow it to cook in a 400-degree oven for about half an hour. The super delicious, healthy, and versatile snack only takes a couple of minutes to prepare
Frozen Yogurt Grapes
It’s the best source of protein and calcium. Yogurt strengthens the bones, teeth, hair, and nails. Besides that, it promotes digestive health. A frozen yogurt snack with grapes is a perfect after school snack. It’s great during a hot afternoon when the kids something refreshing and cold.
- This is a super fast recipe that’s easy to make.
- Freeze clean grapes, then dip them in a glass of yogurt.
- Because the grapes are frozen, the yogurt will freeze very quickly. You can serve them like that or store them in the freezer as you wait for the kids.
You can never go wrong with smoothies as a healthy after school snack. It’s a powerful snack that satisfies both big and little hunger pangs. I love preparing smoothies because of the ease they provide. Additionally, you can add a few greens and the children might not even notice. You can create smoothies using a wide range of ingredients or simply one fruit. A banana smoothie is a great snack for your child because it has a lovely taste and thick consistency. Simply pick a ripe banana and blend it with water or fruit juice. You can add chocolate, vanilla, or cinnamon for a better taste
Adding extra fruits or vegetables to your baby’s diet isn’t easy. However, a fruit pop offers a convenient and enjoyable way of doing this. A galaxy fruit pop is one of the best ways to entice your child, especially in summer afternoons.
- Simply use a cookie cutter to create different shapes using their favorite fruits.
- In case your children are older, you can dust the slices of fruits with chili powder. This helps to enhance the taste of the fruit pop and the unexpected heat that’s caused by the chili powder makes snacking enjoyable.
Homemade Energy Balls
Making homemade energy balls for your child offers them a chance to choose their favorite flavor. As a mom, it’s easy to load these balls with high-quality ingredients that are rich in nutrients. Energy balls are beneficial to your kids in a number of ways. They contain healthy carbs, fiber, and fats which enhance energy levels in the body and promote satiety. Besides that, they are great for muscle development thanks to their high protein content.
Some of the best energy balls recipes include the apple-pie Larabar balls, super-food energy balls, peanut-butter protein balls etc. Overall, they are guilt-free snacks that produce the perfect energy hit especially if your kids are usually fatigued after school. The above-mentioned snacks are not only easy to prepare but they are also healthy.
These snacks are not filled with artificial sugar and they lack unhealthy fats which most processed foods contain. Rather than denying them food or beverages between meals, giving your kids healthy snacks offers a better way of dealing with obesity and unhealthy weight gain. All you have to do is to ensure that the snacks you are giving them have the right amount of protein and fiber.