The Signs of Dehydration During Pregnancy
As much as we think we do drink enough water, most often we don’t. Our bodies are made of 75% water and dehydration is a potentially serious condition. Often, dehydration is problematic for anyone, but it is even more dangerous for pregnant women. Dehydration can cause muscle spasms and labor contractions, according to Epigee Women’s Health. Knowing the signs of dehydration can help you avoid these complications. It also may effect the supply of milk after giving birth if you are dehydrated.
Notice if you are thirsty. This is the first sign of dehydration. According to the American Pregnancy Association, pregnant women should drink 8 to 12 glasses of water per day. This amount should be increased in warm weather or if you have been vomiting or have diarrhea.
Pay attention to any headaches. Headaches are a common symptom of dehydration especially in pregnant women.
Check your urine. If you are dehydrated your urine might appear darker than usual. However, some prenatal vitamins can also cause dark yellow urine.
Note any dizziness. Dehydration can cause your blood pressure to go down, which will make you feel dizzy or lightheaded, especially when standing up.
Observe symptoms of fatigue, nausea or vomiting. Even mild dehydration contributes to fatigue in pregnant women. Dehydration can also cause nausea and vomiting, which will make any dehydration even worse.
Check your skin, mouth and lips. Dehydration causes dry skin, nose and mouth as well as chapped lips. Severely dehydrated people will not sweat and may not be able to produce tears.
- This Silicone bib is perfect for your baby, easy to use, catches food that doesn’t get in the mouth, saves time cleaning up
- Extremely durable, this bib can last through hundreds of feedings without losing its shape or strength
- Easy to wash, just rinse and scrub gently with soap and hang to dry, ready for next use in minutes
- Adjustable size allows your rapidly growing baby to use it for a long time
- Ergonomically designed with your baby in mind! This soft, curved shaped bib fits perfectly on your baby, equipped with a soft beaded neck strap. Also adjustable for maximum comfort.
Check what our customers are saying about these washcloths!